On November 5, 2012, I introduced my Private Members Bill C-460, An Act respecting the implementation of the sodium reduction strategy for Canada.
Bill C-460 would implement the recommendations of the Sodium Working Group’s Sodium Reduction Strategy for Canada, to reduce the high salt levels in food.
I know that many Canadians work hard to make healthy choices, and believe that they should have the information they need to do this. Bill C-460 will help by:
- ensuring the amount of salt in the Canadian food supply is reduced to safe levels;
- improving the method of communicating information about salt levels to consumers;
- protecting children from being deceived by commercial marketing for high salt foods;
- ensuring public funds are not spent on foods that are too high in salt, and;
- establishing the Government of Canada as the leader in monitoring and ensuring progress is made by food companies to achieve sodium-reduction goals.
You can support my Bill C-460, An Act respecting the implementation of the Sodium Reduction Strategy for Canada, by signing and circulating the petiton below. If you would like to stay updated on the progress of this bill or find out other ways you can support it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org